Monday, September 1, 2008

THE THIRD WEEK

Things in the Bronx have been quite well this week. We met this lady, Linda, who has a daughter and accepted a baptismal date that we gave her. I can't tell you how cool it is to meet everyone here, they're all just interesting people, straight up, but it’s almost more cool to meet someone who's prepared to hear the gospel and gives us a solid reason to be out teaching. I've learned that it's basically up to the investigator whether they want to listen to us or not, they can ask us for help, and we're all more than willing to assist in anyway possible, but true conversion can't be spoken to people. Linda has since ducked us once or twice, but she's busy and Elder Langi and I are understanding folks, so I guess it's just a matter of time. This one girl, Jelia Morales, has had the missionaries over forever and has nicknames for all of them. Langi is Shrek and I am Jimmy Neutron. She’s really, really funny, and such a nice lady. People like here give me faith in humanity. things are hard for them, but they still manage to have a sense of humor.
Well, I guess it's about time I wrapped this thing up. Send my love to everyone, I hope My letter from last week got through to all of you. I'll send another one today or tomorrow, so look out for that. I got letters from Tamy and Eric, last night, I enjoyed both of them thoroughly. Tamy’s letter made me laugh. I was definitely surprised/pleased to get e-rock's I miss him. Of course, I miss you all more and I cannot wait till we get to see each other again, before we even realize it. I love you beyond belief. Madre, If you could tell wavid sorry for not sending him an email, I kinda spent a lot of time on this one, but I'll be sure to write him a letter. send everyone my love, the tigs, the scheurns, the lynch's, my friends.

No comments: